June 2010 - June 2012

Monday, August 30, 2010

Family and Friends

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing really well. I myself am doing really well out here. It was actually a crazy week because we spent half of the week here in Escanaba and then we spent the other half in Iron Mountain which is about an hour and ten minutes away from here. We did that because my companion and one of the Iron Mountain Elders comp went to Milwaukee for the week for meetings and so it was just Elder Carter and I all week. It was really interesting because we did a lot of finding by knocking on doors. We did that so much and because of that we now have three new investigators here in Escanaba and Iron Mountain also has a few more. While finding though we found a Born Again Christian who invited us in and really starting bashing on our church and what we believed. That's always an interesting experience to have.

Now that Elder Hofmeister and I are back together we have a lot of referrals to go to all week because of the fair. We have really been looking forward to visiting these people. We have been working very hard and been having such a blast. We work hard and play hard. Also to catch you all up on our recent convert Bonnie Kirschner. When we gave her a Priesthood Blessing a couple weeks before her baptism to help her quit coffee she was so amazed at how easily she quit drinking it. To this day she has told us that she has quit caffeine all together which really surprised me. She is such an amazing member and is really making great friends in the Branch here in Escanaba.

Well that's pretty much what we've been up to out here and I just want to continually thank everyone for all the support that you all give me. I pray for you all every single day. This mission has been a great experience and blessing so far. My Testimony has never been so strong before and is continually growing every day out here. Thanks again for everything you all do for me and I hope to hear from you!

Love,

Elder Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment